- We're delighted to have won a prestigious Food and Farming Industry Award
- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds 14/06/2016
We're proud to share that our Wagyu is proving to be a favourite with customers at a Dorset burger restaurant.
The Yorkshire Wagyu Company is now the sole meat supplier to independent burger restaurant Hao Cow, an eatery based in Pan-Asian café bar Ayya, in the centre of Weymouth.
We now provide Hao Cow with a chuck steak and short rib Wagyu meat combination weekly which the chefs at the restaurant turn into 100 per cent Wagyu burgers.
Farmer and co-founder of The Yorkshire Wagyu Company, Jonathan Shepherd, said it’s great to create a buzz about their Wagyu in the Dorset seaside town.
“We’d eventually like to supply outlets like Hao Cow nationwide and the fact that an eatery in Weymouth is serving our Wagyu is definitely a step in the right direction. We’re pleased to work with a progressive business that is dedicated to serving the best quality Wagyu meat.”
Wagyu beef is famed for its intense fat marbling through the meat which gives the beef a deep flavour. Hao Cow is the only outlet in Dorset where Yorkshire Wagyu is available.
Sacha Phillip, marketing administrator at Hao Cow, said they found out about The Yorkshire Wagyu Company while searching for the best quality Wagyu meat available in the UK.
“We spoke with Jonathan who understood exactly what we needed, and he helped us to create the perfect blend of Wagyu cuts for the ultimate burger.
“Our customers say these burgers are the best they’ve ever tasted, and they can’t seem to get enough of them. We love them because they're rich and packed full of flavour.
“We don't need to add anything to the Wagyu meat other than some salt and pepper – it’s perfect for our patties.”