- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition 20/10/2015
The Yorkshire Wagyu Company, Driffield is celebrating after winning £10,000 worth of business support in a national competition.
We were invited to pitch to a panel of judges at The Food Entrepreneur Show after reaching the final of The Artisan Food Trail’s Pitch to the Experts competition last month.
The Yorkshire Wagyu Company’s Director Jonathan Shepherd is amazed and delighted with the win, “This is a high profile award and we were very proud just to be shortlisted – we never dreamed that we would win! As a new business, winning £10,000 of mentoring plus sales, marketing, finance and legal advice is invaluable and will help us to take The Yorkshire Wagyu Company to the next level.”
The Artisan Food Trail co-founder and creative director of design agency, childsdesign, Graham Childs, said, “We had over 90 entries to the competition and shortlisted six of the most promising food related businesses. Jonathan and his team gave a very polished pitch and clearly demonstrated the potential growth opportunities for their business. The judges all agreed that The Yorkshire Wagyu Company was very different to the other entries and quite unique in terms of its product and business model.”
The Artisan Food Trail was founded by Graham Childs and his wife, Lisa to provide support to artisan food and drink producers throughout the UK. The Yorkshire Wagyu Company was established by Yorkshire Wolds farmers Jonathan Shepherd and Jim Bloom and is home to one of the biggest herds of full and cross bred Wagyu beef in the UK. Wagyu beef originates from Japan where it is renowned for its exceptional flavour and melt in your mouth tenderness and its high levels of ‘good’ monounsaturated fats that give the beef its characteristic marbling.
Visit the Artisan Food Trail’s website to find out more.