- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market 25/11/2015
We are thrilled to announce that we invited a young Stamford Bridge chef to showcase his culinary skills at St Nicholas’s Market after he was inspired to use our beef business in a recent cookery competition.
York College catering student, Zach Abbott, 16, was a finalist in the prestigious Golden Apron awards that are run by Michelin starred chef, James Mackenzie.
Inspired by the Yorkshire Wagyu beef on sale at the Balloon Tree near his home, Zach created a Two Chefs ale braised shin of Yorkshire Wagyu beef with pumpkin boulangère and purée, kale and horseradish for the 70 guests at the prize giving dinner at the Pipe and Glass, South Dalton last week.
Although he did not win on this occasion, his culinary skills and personable demeanour made an impression on our co-founder, Jonathan Shepherd, who invited him to join the team for the St. Nicholas’s Christmas Market.
Jonathan Shepherd is delighted with the partnership and said: “Zach is a great ambassador for The Yorkshire Wagyu Company and is a hard working member of our market team. He has been cooking up gourmet Wagyu burgers and sausages, much to the delight of visitors to the market.”
Zach has just begun a Level One professional cookery course at York College. He is using the practical skills and techniques that he is learning to good use with kitchen experience on his days off.