- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist 09/08/2016
We're super pleased to be able to share some more good news with you...
We have been announced as one of only four businesses to have reached the finals in the Regional Growth category of the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) Awards 2016.
To reach the final, we had to prove that we can compete with other big players in the food industry, including global sweet maker Haribo, and we did this by sharing our ambitious plans for future growth.
Finalists had to demonstrate a successful track record in growth strategy, strong leadership, a commitment to sustainability, and plans for future growth.
Our co-founder, Jonathan Shepherd (known to most people as 'Shep') said: “We’ve come a long way over the last two years – we’re constantly pushing for our Yorkshire Wagyu meat to be recognised as one of the best out there.
“It really is an achievement to have reached the final four in our category as we know there are some strong contenders, and we hope to spread the word about our beef with this shortlisting.”
The specialist judging panel tasked with deciding on the shortlists comprised of industry experts and sponsors.
Shortlisted businesses will learn whether or not they have been successful when the results are announced during the black-tie dinner evening at The Brewery in London on September 22. The event will be hosted by broadcaster and presenter Hardeep Singh Kohli.
FDF director general Ian Wright said a huge number of entries from across the food and drink sector were received.
“This is a great reminder to us all of the talented and dedicated colleagues we have in Britain's food and drink industry. We look forward to welcoming the finalists, guests and supporters to an evening that we are sure will be a wonderful showcase for our industry’s strength, expertise and endless creativity,” he added.