- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards 07/08/2017
The team at Tibthorpe are celebrating after winning a second Great Taste award in one of the UK’s most coveted fine food and drink accreditation schemes.
Our chuck steak was given two stars by judges in the annual awards that are organised by the Guild of Fine Foods.
Two stars is the second highest ranking that can be awarded and is given to food and drink products that are judged as ‘outstanding’ after blind-tasting rounds. This year, 1,011 products, less than 15 per cent of the total 12,366 products, were awarded the two star accreditation.
Jonathan Shepherd (aka Shep) is delighted with the news and said: “Anyone who enters these awards knows how hard it is to make a mark on the judges, and we were up against a number of well-respected and long established companies.
“This is the second two star award that we have won in the Great Taste awards since we started the business in 2014 and we couldn’t be more pleased.”
Judges said the chuck steak’s ‘flavour layers just build and build’ and it was ‘tender, melt-in-the-mouth and moist’. Others commented that it was a ‘good, sticky, rich and beefy steak’.
Great Taste is described as the Oscars of the food world and 500 judges from the industry, originating from all corners of the globe, came together to blind-taste products over 62 days between March and July.
We won our first Great Taste award last year when our subtly spiced minced Wagyu pie was awarded two stars.