- We're delighted to have won a prestigious Food and Farming Industry Award
- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene 10/10/2016
We're very pleased to share that our fabulous beef has won a second prestigious food award in the space of a week.
Our Wagyu beef was awarded Food Product of the Year at the Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards that were held at the Rudding Park Hotel in Harrogate, where over 150 of Yorkshire’s top producers and suppliers, chefs, restaurants, pubs and hoteliers attended the awards that reward excellence and champion the region’s food and drink industry.
Our co-founder, Jonathan Shepherd, said: “The Yorkshire Life Food and Drink Awards is one of the biggest events in the region’s calendar and we are very proud to be a part of it.
“To reach the final was fantastic, but to beat such stiff competition from Yockenthwaite Granola and butchers Lishman’s of Ilkley to take the coveted prize is just amazing.”
The win comes on the back of a Best Meat award for Yorkshire Wagyu Ribeye steak at the East Yorkshire Local Food Network awards.
We had another reason to celebrate at the awards when fellow Yorkshire business and the first Wagyu stockist in the area, The Balloon Tree Farmshop and Café, scooped the Farm Shop of the Year title at the same awards ceremony.
We have collaborated with The Balloon Tree’s Matthew Machin to create an in-store Yorkshire Wagyu butchery counter that is run by The Yorkshire Wagyu Company’s butcher, Aaron Marshall.
“To say we’re delighted for all our team, and those at The Balloon Tree Farm Shop who have been with us since day one, is an understatement. We’re really proud of our Yorkshire Wagyu and honoured to have won the category – thank you to all of our supporters,” added Jonathan.