- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award 30/09/2017
Thanks, FDF for this press release about our recent award win:
The Yorkshire Wagyu Company Ltd has won the ‘Regional Growth Business’ award for Northern and Central England at last night’s Food and Drink Federation (FDF) Awards. The ceremony, held at The Brewery in central London last night, celebrated the success of the food and drink manufacturing industry and the dedication of the people who work in it.
The ‘Regional Growth Business’ awards recognise companies that have demonstrated growth in their region and beyond, whether that be through sales, capacity, resource expansion, new product lines or impressive first-year achievements.
The Yorkshire Wagyu Company Ltd, based near Driffield in East Yorkshire, has shown significant growth in the last three years since they began trading in 2014. To overcome practical and financial challenges, the company has used innovative methods such as investing in an on-farm butchery unit and butcher, investing in a catering trailer and maximising on marketing and communications to raise awareness of their unique brand.
The company’s successful growth has been reflected in an increase in turnover and profit, as well as through them taking home a range of regional and national awards. The company’s cuts, gourmet burgers, award winning pies and biltong are currently available online on their website, as well as at selected restaurants throughout the UK, as well as in retail from family run food retailer The Balloon Tree in York and selected butchers nationwide.
The category was sponsored by Grant Thornton UK LLP. Grant Thornton is one of the world's leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. The UK Grant Thornton member firm provides services to over 40,000 privately held businesses, public interest entities and individuals.
Ian Wright CBE, Director General of the Food and Drink Federation, said:
“It is thrilling to see such an innovative and creative company have great success in a short period of time. The challenges that The Yorkshire Wagyu Company Ltd have overcome demonstrate the strength and versatility of the business, and I wish them every success for the future.”
Trefor Griffith, head of food and beverage at Grant Thornton UK LLP, commented:
“Grant Thornton is once again delighted to be supporting the Growth Business category for this year's Food and Drink Federation Awards. Businesses have been navigating an uncertain environment following the UK’s decision to leave the European Union, so it is great to see dynamic businesses like The Yorkshire Wagyu Company Ltd unlocking their potential for growth. We're delighted to be able to celebrate the contribution businesses like The Yorkshire Wagyu Company Ltd make to their region, the sector and the UK as a whole as we continue to work with leading food and drink firms across the UK.”