- We're delighted to have won a prestigious Food and Farming Industry Award
- We've been shortlisted in the Food and Farming Industry Awards
- We're proud to have reached the final of the Hull Mail Business Awards
- We're delighted to get a mention in Speciality Food Magazine for our Biltong
- We're proud winners of a Food and Drink Federation Growth award
- We've added a Taste of Wagyu box and two packs of steaks to our online shop
- Our biltong is Highly Commended in the Great British Food Awards
- Wish us luck in the final of the FDF awards
- If you missed us winning the Market Weighton Soapbox Challenge, you can see us in action again in York on 28th August
- Thanks, Great British Food Awards for the fab feedback!
- Our chuck steak has won two gold stars in the Great Taste awards
- Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong is highly commended at prestigious meat awards
- We're delighted to have reached the final of the Great British Food Awards with two products
- We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races
- Win Yorkshire Wagyu Biltong in this Artisan Food Trail competition
- Best of British
- We're off to Wembley!
- Proud winners of the Remarkable Taste of Yorkshire Award
- Have you tried our new biltong?
- Delighted to be shortlisted in the Remarkable East Yorkshire Tourism Awards
- We've reached the final of the Meat and Poultry Processing Awards
- Delight your valentine with a taste of Japan
- Our online shop is now fully open!
- Good News and Bad News
- We're continuing to make our mark on the Yorkshire food scene
- Good news in the post today
- We're proud winners of a regional produce award
- We're delighted to have two products shortlisted in prestigious food awards
- We're a proud finalist in Yorkshire Life magazine’s Food and Drink Awards
- National food and drink awards names East Yorkshire Wagyu producers on shortlist
- Have you tried our award winning pies?
- We're looking forward to attending the Big Feastival next month
- Burger fans in Dorset get a taste of Wagyu from the Yorkshire Wolds
- Wolds Wagyu tops pop-up’s menu
- Thank you, Yorkshire Life magazine for this fabulous article
- East Yorkshire beef business wins farming award
- Congratulations, Aaron and Stacey
- Please can you vote for us in the Local Business Accelerator awards?
- We're opening a new Butchery Counter at the Balloon Tree Farm Shop and Cafe
- Yorkshire Wagyu recruits butcher for new on site butchery unit
- We're heading to Wembley for the final of a family business award
- We've been shortlisted in the Northern Farmer awards
- We're finalists in the REYTAS!
- Tibthorpe farmer awarded Kirby Cup by Yorkshire Grassland Society
- Thanks, Yorkshire Pudd!
- Golden Apron finalist cooks with us at York’s St Nicholas’s Market
- Winners of inaugural Pitch to the Experts Competition
- East Yorkshire beef business wins best new business award
- The Yorkshire Wagyu Company shortlisted for three awards
We're very excited about partnering with Junior Saloon Champion Katie Milner for the Market Weighton Whacky Races 22/06/2017
We're thrilled to announce that we are joining forces with Katie Milner and Merlin International to enter the Weighton’s Whacky Races soapbox challenge on Sunday July 16.
Junior Saloon Car Champion Katie will drive the soapbox, which will be built by her dad, former rally driver, Jonny Milner and her co-driver will be our chef, Nick Dawson.
Plans for the Wagyu bull soapbox are underway and the team will be named the Wagyu Wizards, said Jonathan Shepherd, co-owner of The Yorkshire Wagyu Company.
“It’s excellent to get involved with an event that’s local to us, and we’re hoping our soapbox creation will catch the public’s eye. We’ve yet to start building our cart but with some fantastic parts from Jonny at Merlin, we’re confident we’ll come up with something great.
“It’s also exciting to be collaborating with another family business that we’ve known for a long time, and we’re hoping that Katie will race our cart to victory,” he added.
The team plans to dress to impress with Katie in a wizard’s outfit, Nick in his chef’s jacket and the two pushing the cart, Jonny and Jonathan, will be dressed up as cows.
17 year old Katie is looking forward to the challenge of racing the soapbox around the obstacles and keeping the cart in one piece.
“This race will be quite different to the others I currently compete in. We’re going to take the race seriously but have a good laugh at the same time – I’m hoping for first place, so we’re not planning on crashing out.
“It’s excellent working with The Yorkshire Wagyu Company as they provide us with protein-rich nutrition and snacks like biltong – great when I need a boost over a racing weekend – and marketing collateral and support when we really need it.”
Katie, who is a student at the Motor Sports Association Academy and works as an intern at a PR company in London, is currently competing in the Ginetta GT5 Challenge in a Ginetta G40 sports car.
Around 40 teams will be competing in Weighton’s Whacky Races on the morning of the Market Weighton Community Day 2017 from 8am to 1pm. Entry to the race is free for spectators.