- Daube of Yorkshire Wagyu
- Pulled Yorkshire Wagyu Sub
- Yorkshire Wagyu and Wold Top Beer Pie
- Yorkshire Wagyu Barbecued Fore Rib of Beef
- Yorkshire Wagyu Boeuf Bourguignon
- Yorkshire Wagyu Carpaccio-style
- Yorkshire Wagyu Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Yorkshire Wagyu Crispy Chilli
- Yorkshire Wagyu Fajitas
- Yorkshire Wagyu Flat Iron Steak with Red Wine Sauce
- Yorkshire Wagyu Japanese-style Sirloin Steak
- Yorkshire Wagyu Lasagne
- Yorkshire Wagyu Meatballs
- Yorkshire Wagyu Pinwheels
- Yorkshire Wagyu Ragu Sauce
- Yorkshire Wagyu Ribs braised in Yorkshire Blackout Beer
- Yorkshire Wagyu Shawarma
- Yorkshire Wagyu Sirloin Steak with Blue Cheese
- Yorkshire Wagyu Sliders
Yorkshire Wagyu Crispy Chilli
Recipe provided by Sue Nelson, Yorkshire Food Finder
Crispy chilli Yorkshire Wagyu Asian-style
350g thin cut Yorkshire Wagyu flank steak, very thinly sliced into strips
3 tbsps. cornflour
2 tsps. Chinese five-spice powder
1 tsp. salt.
100ml Yorkshire Rapeseed Oil
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, thinly sliced
4 spring onions, finely sliced, green and white parts separated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Ginger root, thumb-sized, cut into matchsticks
4 tbsps. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsps. sweet chilli sauce
Noodles or rice to serve.
1. In a bowl, toss the beef strips with the cornflour five-spice powder and salt. Heat the oil in a wok or large sauté pan until smoking hot, then add the beef and cook until golden and crisp. This will only take 2-3 minutes. Scoop out the beef and drain on kitchen paper. Pour away all but 1 tablespoon of oil.
2. Add the pepper, half the chilli, the white parts of the spring onion, garlic and ginger to the pan and stir fry until soft, taking care not to let the garlic and ginger burn.
3. Mix the vinegar, soy, chilli sauce in a jug with 2 tablespoons of water then pour over the vegetables and bubble for a minute or so then add the beef back into the pan and toss well to coat.
4. Serve the beef on noodles or rice, scattered with the remaining chilli and green spring onions.